Drupal Back-End Developer
Drupal Back-End Developer
Do you have a snake charmer’s command of PHP and Drupal? Are your people skills just as strong? Can you turn out an algorithm as easily as a master baker turns out Florentine Tarts? Do you have an envious depth of experience using digital experience platforms like Drupal? Are you an old hand when it comes to hand-coding Drupal Modules?
If so, you could be one of us.
MarCom Group Inc. is an award-winning full-service marketing and advertising agency. We specialize in strategic communications and creating employment brands, messaging, highly creative digital solutions, and complete meeting and event management services for our government and commercial clients, as well as developing media and advertising plans and executing those plans. Of the Top 25 Advertising Agencies in the Washington DC market, MarCom Group stands at #9 this year and is growing up the list each year. We are proud to note that we are also a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB).
The Drupal Back-End Developer will be an integral part of the Digital Team in MarCom Group’s continued growth efforts.
The Drupal Back-End Developer will create, code, and improve the server, server-side applications, and databases that, when combined with front-end codes, help create a functional, seamless experience for the end-user.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Applies the study of industry trends to create or improve back-end processes and codes in contributing to overall success
- Compiles and analyzes data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborates with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Develops ideas for new programs, products, or features by staying current with emerging interactive concepts and creative techniques
- Provides programming support, including creating, maintaining, testing, and debugging the entire back end of new products and services, especially regarding MarCom’s proprietary products
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Mastery of PHP and Drupal. PHP 7.4, 8.0+. Drupal 7, 8, and 9.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the software development life cycle and best programming techniques
- Strong knowledge and experience with Object-oriented coding practices, Security Prevention, and collaborative coding
- Experience working in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience using Containerized Services such as Docker, Kubernetes, VMWare
- Strong Unix/Linux Skills, preferably CentOS/RedHat/Amazon Linux 2.
- Ability to build out Unit Testing for all programmatic efforts
- Ability to analyze user needs to ensure a positive user experience
- Ability to work independently or with a team, including as a leader, in the design and development of mission-critical websites, applications, and layers of the infrastructure
- Ability to set up and administer backups, data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or other comparable information technology discipline providing an excellent foundation in algorithms and web design
- 6+ years’ experience in Drupal Development; hand-coding Drupal Modules; Writing code using Symfony; Writing templates using Twig
- 6+ years’ experience with Database Management using MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL Understanding Concepts of ORM
- 2+ years’ experience in WordPress Development; hand-coding WordPress Plugins
- Expert in HTML, HTML5, CSS3
- Advanced site-building experience including deep understanding of Drupal modules, including Blocks, Views, Structured Content
- Experience with standing up local instances of Drupal
- Experience with migrating Drupal 7 to Drupal 9
- Experience with core AWS web-enabling technologies
- Experience working with code in Scalable Environments
- Strong experience using Git/BitBucket
- Nice to have experience working with Adobe products such as Photoshop
MarCom Group utilizes our own internal Talent Acquisition Organization to fill our employment needs. If you are contacted over the phone or e-mailed, by a company listing a MarCom Group job and requesting your personal information, allegedly on MarCom Group’s behalf, please do not respond.
MarCom Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.